Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Nana.....




She was here for just over two weeks. We managed to cram in two birthdays,  Halloween, selling a car, buying a car, a snow storm, the worst cold bug our family has suffered in a couple of years, a small incident of loosing something rather large and worth quite a lot of money......but luckily finding it again, oh, and a long distance house move! Life is never dull when Nana is around!! She manages to breeze through all our daily dramas and adventures with a smile and a reassuringly relaxed aura and of course a cup of coffee and a cigarette! The kids love her so much and it always amazes me that no matter how much time passes between our real-life visits it's always just as though they saw her yesterday :)



I'm very grateful for all her help with the kiddies while we packed and moved and so happy that she got to be with us when we arrived in Canmore in the dead of night (and realised that our mattresses were all packed right at the back of the truck!) I do really miss my family back in England and can be a bit sentimental (I have a little chalkboard that hung in my kitchen for grocery lists etc with a note from my sister written in chalk in 2006 that I cannot bare to erase) and it eases my overly emotional and occasionally home sick mind to know that my Mummy has actually been in my house, made coffee in my kitchen and tucked my kiddies into bed in their new rooms.




We miss you so much already Nana and can't wait for you to come back. Next time we'll have a nice relaxing time........I promise!
 ;)

No comments:

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com