Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Are we Canmorons now?




 Canmore has been our home for nearly two weeks, sheesh time flies! So far, things have been pretty great! Everyone we've met has been super friendly, ridiculously friendly even. Seb is at a lovely school with an amazing teacher. He's already got a buddy, Dale, who lives three houses up the street. We've had our first invitation to dinner from a family who's little girl is in Seb's class, her Dad's name is Neil and he's from England too! We love our house and it seems as though everything we have just magically fits here. It's just the right size, no wasted space, cosy and felt like home almost immediately. I wake up and see the mountains out of my windows every morning, elk grazing as I drive Seb to school, squirrels running up and down the trees as I sit on the sofa and these are the things that make me smile and know that we've done the right thing. In Edmonton I didn't want to go outside. I didn't want to drive past another strip mall with row after row of the same shops, the same restaurants the same soulless, sprawl of grey houses stretching into oblivion. That's not why we came to Canada.  Now I can walk outside and within minutes be in these trees, walking over this creek looking up at these mountains.
I breathe the fresh air and feel it feed my soul. 









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there gang!
Canmore looks really great - glad to hear the move went well.
We are all thinking about you over here in Perth - maybe we can skype when you get a bit more settled.
Lots of love from Dale, Annika, Alex, Abby and number 3.

casacaudill said...

It sounds great! If you can't be in Tofino, than Canmore looks like a pretty perfect location for your lovely family.

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com