Sunday, November 18, 2012

Fancy a tour?

So this is our new abode. I always enjoy a good house tour so I thought you might like to see the place. Let's start outside shall we? Here's the view from the driveway to the front door.......nice cedar siding with a few shingles in the eaves. It's cute and a lot more understated than some of the other houses in the street which I quite like.


This is the view up the street. It's kind of a double ended Cul de sac so it's makes a nice safe place for the kids to play. Our house is close to one end and at the other end, looking in the direction of this photo theres a trail through the trees that leads across the creek and down to the Bow river and, if you keep walking, eventually into town.


Here's the back of the house and the deck.....

The deck is nice and big and luckily we don't have any houses behind us, just a few trees and squirrels. Theres the road into town a little way down from the house which seems to be a popular Elk grazing spot and makes for some nice deck views. 


Moving inside, theres a small entry area with a closet that I forgot to photograph, the door to Seb's room immediately on your left (from the photo below) and a corridor leading down to the bathroom, Bel's room, the garage access and stairs up to our room.



If we don't go down that hallway we walk into the main living/ kitchen/dining area. It's all one room and it's quite compact but feels larger than it is thanks to the nice vaulted ceiling.
We have the kitchen....



Dining area.....


And living area.....





and  heres my favorite feature of the house......the fireplace!




Oooh its such a cosy spot to sit it makes me want it to be Christmas already! I'm picturing a dark night snuggled on the sofa drinking hot chocolate with snowflakes falling, the fire blazing and the tree lights-a-twinkling! Haha! I wonder if it will still make me feel this way in July?

Here's a night time shot to give you an idea of the mega-cosyness :)


Oh and I forgot to mention the "study" or in other words....little corner of the room that holds my computer. It's tucked in behind the dining table and is actually far more efficient storage-wise than the entire room we used to have as our den. Our little rocking footstool tucks in under the desk like it was made for it and all in all I like that its a more sociable place to sit and work. 



Moving on......back towards the front entry theres Seb's room......



We haven't done too much in here yet but it's still cosy nonetheless and he seems to like it.



Now down the hall to Bel's room.....
There's a bathroom and laundry cupboard on the way but I don't want to bore you silly.






Bel's room faces the deck and has this lovely view though the trees to the mountains beyond....


Let's head upstairs, as you walk up this is the view from the window.....

There's a balcony up here. The three peaks to the left of this photo below are known as The Three Sisters and they are quite spectacular!

And then there's our room.....


We've got some built in shelving.....


and another fireplace :)


Other than that we've got a basement room with it's own bathroom that will be a perfect guest room once it's got some furniture......so when are you coming to visit?? :)

3 comments:

casacaudill said...

That view is stunning!

And I can totally picture Christmas in that room with the rock fireplace.

the man from the creeks!!! said...

Well, I'm always stuck in the basement but I LIKE basements!!! and this one looks GOOD, haha!!! re coming I told Neil I had to see the EYE DOC. on the 27th of this month so then, after that, I can PLAN??? Meantime tell Bel ALWAYS to wear her SPECS when on SKYPE because she looks NICE in them!!! The locality AND the house Sophie looks terrific so much better than BEAUMONT/Edmonton! PLUS PUBS not too far away with POOL tables! only thing missing is CRABS haha!51

Anonymous said...

I was just looking through your old posts looking for a good picture of Bel to use for her birthday card... looking at these photos of your house there for some reason bought a tear to my eye today. I think it's just because it looks so amazing there. I'm so happy for you that you get to live in such a lovely, lovely place. I miss you. x

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com