Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Monkey Business....


Knee faces are the new craze in the Ralston household, if you haven't got one you are sooo uncool. Also popular this week are baby ducks, bedroom campfires and hanging out in the fridge.
The baby ducky and the AMAZING HAND MADE felt campfire (complete with felt s'more!!) are courtesy of lovely Auntie Cake, who wouldn't let a little old thing like going-into-labour-or-dealing-with-a-newborn-and-a-toddler stop her from whipping up crazily cool hand made toys and sending "just for the hell of it" gifts to Seb and Bel. Sheesh, and I think I'm all that when I manage to bake some muffins in a day!


Belly knew the ducky was coming, we made the mistake of showing her on Skype before it even went into the post bag. Never again! She cried for the first day then insesantly repeated "baby ducky?' in a high pitched whiny voice for the following week until the thing arrived. Urgh! Now that it's here, as predicted, she won't let baby ducky out of her sight...even for a second. She treats it not only like it's real but like it is the single most precious thing that has ever stepped a plastic foot into this universe. Baby ducky is loved.





Personally I'm much more impressed with the campfire...I can't believe she made it! She MADE it I say! Isobel was pretty cute and for a two year old has a very good understanding of exactly how a campfire should work. I set it up on her bedroom floor and she proceeded without any further help from me, to run very excitedly around her room collecting friends to sit around it and nosh to cook on it! I was impressed.







And as for the fridge thing.....to walk into the kitchen nonchalantly to refill my cup of tea and be greeted by a smiling boy actually inside my fridge.......that's just a completely normal sort of thing to happen in our house at the moment :)



No comments:

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com