Saturday, October 08, 2011

I heart pumpkins





I was so excited to see whole stash of pumpkins filling the shelves outside "Beaches" our little-grocery-store-around-the-corner. I love pumpkins! The first sight of one conjures up pictures in my head of colourful leaves, cool winds, wooly scarves, dark nights, snuggly blankets and hot chocolate. A change in season perfectly punctuated by a big orange vegetable. No other season change gets me like this one and I've always blamed it on my birthday, the whole build up of excitement starting with the arrival of autumn and all things orange and spooky. These day's I'm not that excited by my birthday but oh do I love fall!!! 

Our neighbourhood is very nicely situated just a quick stroll to the beach and a quick stroll to "Outside Break" a little complex of shops like "beaches" and a couple of artist studios hidden away amongst the trees outside of town. Last night I deliberately took my camera on our nightly stroll so that I could get a snap of all those pumpkins and give you a bit of a tour.

At the end of our street and round the bend you'll find a little hole in the trees. It's only really noticeable by the footstep-worn path heading into the thick bushes.  If you head down there and over the wobbly plank you'll find......


A bright orange bus and a couple of rustic wood tables with lime green chairs. 



This, my friends, is Tacofino. The answer to your empty tummy prayers! I'm partial to a fish taco but Neil would rather recommend the pork burrito. It's all good! On an August day they'll be line 20 people deep if you're lucky!







Once you've filled up on Tacofino, head a little further in and you'll find Wildside Grill, which I'm pretty sure we've mentioned before. A wood carving studio, a glass blower,  yoga studio, cafe and Beaches grocery. And there are my pumpkins!











We headed back to the house empty handed today. But I'm sure it won't be long before I pick up a couple of lumps of orange goodness!




Isobel fell over on the walk home (nothing new there!) and I thought it was really sweet of Seb to help her check out her "owie" when we got home.





It wasn't a bad one this time. So we stayed outside for a bit and took some photos......





















This is Belly's I'm going to cry now" face.....



Told you. 
I'm always fascinated by her face when she cries. Her little eyes crinkle up like they're made of crepe paper. hehe.


Hope you like the tour. Guess what day it is on Monday?? Thanksgiving!! I feel a pumpkin pie coming on. Happy Autumn everyone!

No comments:

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com