Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Thank you



We had our Thanksgiving dinner yesterday and considering I had done minimal planning and that Neil (our usual chef for any event requiring any form of dinner) was at Breakers for most of the day, it turned out pretty darned well. I don't suppose for a minute that I would have attempted "the turkey" if he'd have been there so, in a weird way, I'm quite glad he wasn't. I was forced to do it, I did it and now I can say that I cook a mean roast turkey :) I also cook a mean pumpkin pie, set a mean table and clear up a mean amount of dog poop pretty well. Sorry about the poop reference but a big part of my sense of accomplishment from the day was due to the fact that I managed to cook a turkey, a pumpkin pie, clean a house, feed and care for two crazy kids, pretty-up a table AND wash the big hairy dog and his crate TWO TIMES!! Poor Sully was not well in the tummy. Urgh and eeeeew.




 Anyhoo, enough of the poo. Neil returned home in time to knock together some potatoes, fancy-shmancy stuffing and yummy home made cranberry sauce. We were all strangely relaxed and there was none of the fussing or stressing that seems to often accompany getting ready for nice family dinners. When everything was cooked, we all just sat down and enjoyed our very lovely dinner.























I am thankful. For the yummy nosh, for the roof over my head on this rainy day, for the three happy faces that I love, sitting at my table. I am thankful for it all.

x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sophie

Wow looks like you have been busy practising your cooking skills it all looks very tasty. I cannot believe how grown up Isobel is looking and wanted to say I love the mullet ;-) it looks so long in that particular picture def advert for timotei lol!! Hope you are well keep the pictures coming the stories always make me smile however always envious and make me want to leave this country more and more!!!!

Love to you and your family clod xx

Neil and Sophie said...

Thanks Clod! Always lovely to hear from you. xxx

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com