Monday, October 24, 2011

It's getting Spoooooky around here!





It was a dark, dark night, there was a chill in the air.....the wolves were howling outside my window...the floorboards creaked and .......I decided it was time to start decorating for halloween! Woooo!



I had a dig through the boxes we brought with us from Alberta and was happy to find my stash of spooky bits from last year including this orange berry wreath, a few nasty spiders and my faithful scraggy black cat. I've yet to carve my pumpkins, that's usually a halloween eve tradition in our house, but I did decide it was safe to put them outside before the big day. This would have usually been impossible in Alberta where they would have frozen solid and then been impossible to carve ( I speak from experience). I also went on a leaf collecting mission trying to find lots of dried up crumply old leaves to scatter about the place to generally increase the spooky mood. I've got a few more ideas up my sleeve that may or may not involve spider webs and bats but for now I'd have to say it's definitely setting the mood.







Inside we've had  a few little pumpkiny-squashy-type-things hanging around since thanksgiving that we decided needed a little more spooky character. Thanks to a little inspiration from the wonderful world wide web we transformed them into vampire squashes with just a couple of pins and some 99c teeth!



The kids love their new ghoulish little veggie-pals and have given them all names, Isobel's is called "Baby". Of Course.




To avoid any unwanted pin prick wars between the kiddos, I've put the Vampire veggies high up out of reach on the mantlepiece and I'm really liking this little bit of halloween in my living room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey the pumpkin vampires worked really well! It all looks really good. Only thing is... do bears like to eat pumpkins? Maybe you should 'display' your pumpkins in a locked container... or a plastic bag tied high up in a tree?

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com