Saturday, February 02, 2013

Hat's for Zoe

A week ago another little Ralston joined the family. Far, far away in Perth, Australia our little niece Zoe was born :) Would you believe that Neil's brother and his lovely wife now have three kiddies under the age of 3! They are going to have their work cut out for them but holy moly there's going to be some fun happenings in that house! Triple the joy that's for sure! Anyhoo, I really wanted to make a little something for Zoe now that I have discovered my crafty thumb. I got this idea in my head that I wanted to sew some sweet little knotted baby hats and at first tried to wing it. If you follow my instagram feed you'll have seen my first two attempts. They weren't complete failures but neither were they really good enough to give as a gift to perfect little newborn. Eventually I went searching for a pattern to follow and ended up finding the exact design I had pictured over at Zaaberry. The pattern was so easy to follow and I whipped up three pretty little hats in no time. For a wee bit of extra fun I carved the end of a carrot (yes, I seem to have a thing about using veggies for printing) and added a few little heart stamps to one of the hat's........Da Daaaaa! A perfect little handmade gift for a perfect little baby......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your work Sophie! Good skills! Zoes bonce is going to look the bees knees in them!
Cheers
Xx

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com