Monday, February 11, 2013

Sunday strolling





I haven't been very good at taking my camera out with me lately. I blame it all on instagram, it makes it all too easy to leave my real camera at home and just whip my phone out when I want to get a photo.
Well yesterday was a beautiful day, sparkling sunshine and warm enough to go mitt free so I made the effort to lug my lump of a camera out for our afternoon stroll. We decided to walk the loop along the river near the centre of town. It's a lovely short walk that takes you right by the rivers edge and over the old railway bridges. The river is crystal clear and the most beautiful bright turquoise blue. We strolled and chatted and sipped our huge americano's in our newly knit-covered mason jar cups. The kids ran about like maniacs and collected pine cones.  It was a very nice way to spend our sunday afternoon.






Neil was having some kind of northern bush pilot fantasy that day and decided to wear his  aviator shades and his work standard issue beaver fur hat. He's owned this hat for more than six years and I'm pretty sure this was the first time I've ever seen him wear it. Even through all those -40 winters. I'm not quite sure what prompted it but the trend seemed to take hold and Seb insisted on wearing his (non-beaver) version to match.  It's lucky he did because I'm not sure Neil could really pull that look off without Seb notching up the cuteness factor :)



The view from the railway bridge.....no photo trickery I promise.....the water in the Bow River really is that colour.




Oh how I love my mason jar cups with their little knitted cosies. There really isn't a nicer travel mug in the world. 





So there you have it, a few real photos from our sunny sunday. 

2 comments:

A HC fan! said...

the kiddies look great the scenery too BUT Neil looks a REFUGEE!!!!haha, suits him tho! It really is a fantastic part of the world! even from your house the views are GREAT!!!! I have the distibct impression that you ALL love it there!!!out walking after some HOLY CRAP!

dalecjr said...

Wonder if that river is colder than Lake Miniwanka , and if that bridge is higher? hehe

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com