Friday, September 28, 2012

Me and my girl...



Since Seb has been at school every afternoon I've been getting to spend a bit of girly time with Bel. It's kind of interesting that I've never really got to spend time with just Bel before and it's funny how different it is to be in the company of just one kid. Yesterday we went to the supermarket and I can't believe how much calmer the whole experience was (not to mention productive)! Usually I've got to herd the two kids in the general direction I want to head and have to stop every couple of minutes to remove whichever items they've picked off the shelves from their hands or from my shopping cart. More often than not I give up before I've got everything I need because I just want to get outta there! I also usually find myself doing a lot of shouting down the aisle's trying to get whichever kid has run away to return before they get too lost. It's usualy pretty chaotic but not this time.  With just Bel quietly pushing her mini cart around and not being distracted or egged-on by Seb, I would even go so far as to say it was a pleasant experience! The two of us finished our afternoon with a quick stop in Starbucks for a steamed milk and a shared slice of lemon poppyseed loaf. Bel sat on her chair and chatted away to me while we leisurely sipped our drinks.... no running around, no screaming, no hysterical laughter, no squabbling, is this my life or someone elses? I can't get over how relaxing it all is! I'm pretty sure it would be much the same if I was only with Seb. I think that the two of them together are just much more interested in eachother and tend to feed off one anothers energy. When you separate them, they suddenly have to engage in more adult conversation and generally don't run about like lunatics quite as much! Apart from the added calmness it's so nice to be able to give Bel a bit of one on one attention. She's hilariously funny when you get her chatting without any other distractions. She does love Seb so much and has a tendancy to copy his every word and action so  it's lovely to see a bit more of her own personality come through when he's not around. Did I tell you that she made me play mermaids with her and she told me I could be the chubby mermaid! She does make me chuckle! We've played "atocktives' (I think she means detectives) and Mama's today and then had a great time pushing her newly named doggy toy, Sandwich (??), around the garden in his stroller. She's such a happy and loveable girl, she tells me she loves me about fifty times a day, sometimes, when she sees I'm really busy but wants to talk to me she says, "but Mummy, I need to tell you something......." she gets my attention, pauses for a second...... then says "I really love you Mummy." She knows how to get my attention that's for sure. 



I love her little beaky lip in these photos below...When she speaks her lips are so expressive, kind of like a french person.....that sounds weird but I'm sure you know what I mean :)











Love you so much my little pixie girl!
x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha. We take the two eldest granddaughters away in the motorhome. Currently aged nearly three and five and a half. I have always said they'd be much less work if we took them away separately. Boy do they wind each other up and Grandad isn't as patient as step nanny! I am glad I can give them back after a fortnight. GG xx

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com