Saturday, November 19, 2011

Starlight, star bright.....




Sometimes.....living in the absolute middle of flippin' nowhere has it's benefits. The starry sky on a clear night in Tofino is like nothing I've ever seen before. I took this photo last night when I let the dog out in the back yard for his evening business and if I were to tell you that I've never even tried to photograph the stars before, literally didn't have a clue, and that my camera was on it's last seconds of battery, I was cold and in my p.j's and that because of all these factors my photo is not a patch on how impressive that sky was in real life......I'm sure you wouldn't believe me :)

2 comments:

clancy said...

I KNOW!!! I once reported the NORTHERN LIGHTS as flying SAUCERS when close to the ARTIC CIRCLE, nothern Canada, east Coast! Called the Captain, who said I was an IDIOT as it ewas the AURORA BOREALIS on the low CLOUD BASE haha BUT yes with a clear sky its MAGIC! NOW, with a sky like that it MUST be COLD haha!!!! YOU said nice and SUNNY and EDMONTON is -19!!!!! not for me!!! So, looks like LOTS of HOT drinks and HOT NOSH, only kidding!!! Everyone good??? icluding Doggie? Birdseye!bil

Neil and Sophie said...

It's all relative Dale, my "not cold" might be your "bloody freezing!" :) Honestly though, compared to Edmonton it's not cold haha! See you soon and maybe we can mull some wine if you need to be warmed up!

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com