Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sebbie and his sea monster and other calamities....

What a weird day it's been in Tofino. Everything's been all over the place.......my mood, the kids mood, the weather it's all been loopy today!

Lets start with the lowlights....

-Missing Neil. He's gone again and I don't know when he's coming back :(

-Feeling stressed and overwhelmed looking after two kids, a dog and a business I know nothing about and letting that turn me into a mean horrible Mummy. (There's been some shouting and a bit of crying today.)

- trying for ten minutes to unlock a filing drawer, finally giving in and asking for help at this pathetic but strangely taxing task then feeling like the biggest Looooser (with a capital L) when I was informed that the drawer was never locked to begin with. That's got to be 10 points lost forever on the "capable and intelligent new business owner/boss scale".

- Loosing my keys to Breakers and then really hurting my knee in a fit of slightly too angry and frustrated searching for keys. ( Oh and then realizing they were in my bag all along!!)

I think it's about time for some highlights....

- Seeing a hummingbird from my kitchen window!!! Yes a real humingbird, tiny, hovering, drinking from a wee little flower and gone in a flash! Put a smile on my face it did :)

-Finding a sea monster on the beach! It was the Daddy, no....the Grand Daddy of all starfish (certainly all the starfish that I've ever seen, although I've probably only seen three or four and two of those have been in the last three days.) It was a whopper though and Dr Sebastian the marine biologist was extremely interested in him (or her).

- receiving not one but two packages in the post! One from my always too generous and too thoughtful sister and best friend who has a knack of knowing the exact perfect book to send each member of my little family and sending them all! For no apparent reason! Just because she is so nice. Thank you!!! :) And one full of lovely Easter goodies and a jar of marmite from my Pa and Mars. Seb has taken his wind up egg with legs to bed with him, he loves it that much!

- Marvelling at this fantasticly beautiful place that I now live and it's constant surprises and breathtaking beauty. Today alone...Rain, snow, fog, no mountains, no fog, sunshine, MOUNTAINS! Beach, blue sky, sea monsters, hummingbird, eagle, stunning sunset...ahhhh!

- Realizing that I'm not a mean Mummy, just a slightly frazzled one and that in the heat of it all I can (sometimes) let it all go and give my kids a big cuddle. And even more importantly, that my three year old told me he loved me right in the middle of his own tears of tiredness and frustration. I must be doing something right! (?)

Anyway, here's that sea monster again....



Snow caped mountains....sunshiney beach!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're very welcome. x

I love your sea monster, so cool. I had to identify it right away..... as far as I can tell it appears to be a Sunflower Starfish.... they can grow up to a metre wide! Wow!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunflower_starfish

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com