Thursday, April 21, 2011

Dude! Where's my board?

We did it! We went surfing! Well...... kinda. I would say it was more like swimming in the ocean with a giant body float, which by the way, makes normal swimming pretty difficult. I did ride a couple of waves but I rode them on my tummy. We opted to forgo the safety, knowledge and support of surf lessons and just hit the waves by ourselves. hmmm. I'm happy I did it and I did get right out there with the big boys, way beyond the whitewash, but while I was out there I think I pooed my pants. Neil took a nasty clonk to the head and at one point I think I was dangerously close to being washed away to California. however, despite these little mishaps, it was sick dude!!!!
Next time, I'm getting lessons!



Bahahaha! My frog suit. I wasn't convinced that this thing was going to keep out the bone chilling cold of the north pacific but I tell ya, I felt toasty the entire time!





Check this out! This is our outdoor surf shower at home! Yes, our house has a lovely hot shower by the back door entirely devoted to post surf cleansing. This is me giving it a test run.

The previous day to our surf adventure we were still working ourselves up to actually hitting the water so we went to check out the competion from the safety of the beach. We bbq'd from the back of the truck in gorgeous sunshine on a pretty much deserted Long Beach. It was lovely it was!















No comments:

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com