Monday, June 18, 2012

On the line...




Yesterday I put up a washing line. How is it that such a  simple thing as hanging out my laundry on a warm sunny morning can leave me feeling refreshed and calm all at the same time I don't know. I haven't had a washing line the entire time I've lived in Canada. Nobody in my neighbourhood has one. I don't think I've EVER seen one in Edmonton. WHY???  Last night I fell asleep to the fresh smell of a summer's day on my pillow and it wasn't from stinky fabric softening chemicals!  I say ditch the dryer, come on Canadians  lets bring back the clothes line eh!

2 comments:

Batman ( Marine ) said...

Well done Sophie! I'd be LOST without my W/Lines in the yard!!! You will of course set a NEW trend in CANADA not just Edmonton!!! This is WASHING LINE Island as I'm sure you know, with LINES sometimes in the ODDEST places! The only time I used a washer/Drier was ARRAN in Winter!!!! How about SELLING W/Line PACKS on-line, you would make a FORTUNE ha ha!!!! I did think when I opened your BLOG, oh yummy more NOSH but not too disappointed haha Flapping WASHING is REFRESHING tho possibly some canucks will think you have slipped a cog!!!! Good on you Sophie, yep AVOID Chemicals I quite agree! Did Seb or Bel ask you what you were doing? I bet they did!!!

Anonymous said...

Well done Sophie. I've never owned a dryer but have always had a proper washing line high up with a pulley to lower it to peg washing on. Which means sheets etc. are well up and out of the way of the kids playing. Mind you peg 'em on well on windy days though or they will end up in next door's garden!!
When I was pregnant, wanting to save money on nappies in the long run, rather than use disposables, I bought terry nappies. You have to give them a wash before using for the first time on the baby so I had all 24 out on the line blowing nicely. My neighbour came out and when she saw them was almost in tears as she hadn't seen a line of pure white nappies in years. Bless!!
Are you still in Edmonton or is the washing back in Tofino?
GG

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com