Friday, December 02, 2011

This picture makes me happy....




Seth, you have the best Mum and Dad and the sweetest Grandma.

Last weekend Seb and I made a whirlwind trip to Edmonton. We were invited to attend the baby dedication service of little Seth. We've been in Tofino since Seth was born and although he and his Mummy and Daddy have been out here to visit us, this was the first time I'd seen the Headleys at home with their not-so-little bundle of joy. For as long as I've known Sarah she's wanted to be a Mother. She's one of those people that was just made to be a Mummy. Babies LOVE her! I know, I have two that do. I've seen her go through heartbreakingly frustrating fertility treatment after treatment and then the joy of two pregnancies only to see both end in terrible sadness. At the same time, she's seen me go through two pregnancies and have two beautiful babies. My friend was there for me and for my babies even through her darkest moments and I can't even tell you how much strength that must have taken. To see her now doing the job she was always meant to do with her own baby boy makes the world seem right again.
(It also makes me feel better that even Sarah has dried baby sick under her sofa :)

Here's a few more pics from our faster than lightening trip...

No comments:

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com