Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Scrummy Nut Butter....



Dear Santa,
Thankyou for getting me (and Neil) my brand new "candy apple red" food processor for Christmas this year. I'm sorry I opened it early but just think of all the wonderful, yummy nosh I can make now in all those days before Christmas really arrives. I made you some delicious hazelnut butter as a thank you gift but I'm afraid it was just so good I've eaten it all myself. I do promise I'll make some more and spread it thickly on your black bean cookies that I'll leave for you and the reindeers on Christmas eve. In the meantime here's the recipe in case you or Mrs Claus has time to whip some up...

Lots of love from your good friend Sophie



Take a big bag of hazelnuts ( already shelled if you are sensible, if, like me, you are not, spend the next hour cracking them all open) spread them across a baking sheet and place in the oven at about 300F for 15-20 minutes until the husks begin to crack. Set aside and allow to cool then rub your nuts (hehe) between a tea towel to remove the husks. Whizz up in a beautiful shiny new candy apple red (optional) food processor for 1 -2 minutes until the nuts are chopped into a fine powder. Scrape down your bowl then whizz for another 2 minutes or so until you have a lovely smooth butter. If you need your nut butter a little more spreadable add a spoonful of your favourite oil. I would suggest nothing with a strong flavour that will detract from the yummy hazelnuttyness.  I then added a tablespoon full of raw cacao because I'm a chocoholic. It's like Nutella only WAAAAY better! Yum!




While I made the nut butter Neil made a loaf of Bread.....Hell Yeah!!

No comments:

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com