Friday, December 02, 2011

Jingle Bells and little elves....




So we got a lovely real tree and it smells delicious!  She's a bushy one that's for sure! I'm quite glad that our artificial tree is still locked in a basement in Edmonton, I'm a little less glad that all our decorations are locked away with it though. We went out and purchased a couple of boxes of baubles, some ribbon and two stockings for the kiddies and have had to improvise with whatever else I could find laying around to make things feel festive. I made a temporary piece of Christmassy Art (if you could call it that) by covering the wooden sign we had hanging over the fireplace with wrapping paper and some cut out card letters. I hung a few mini baubles on it for a bit more sparkle and hey presto...it's Christmas! I used a pair of my comfy fleecy socks as mine and Neil's stockings and actually think they look pretty cute strung up on the mantle. I'm gonna have to find another festive sock for Granddad Dale though or perhaps he'll be happy with a grey M & S one ;)

In the hallway Seb helped me create some snowflakes from plain white printer paper and I love the subtle winter touch they create.


Oh and no, that's not a fur rug I have on the floor it's just Sully.



Picture the fire crackling (it doesn't it's gas and the tank is empty but we do have a good fireplace app on the laptop), some snuggly blankies, piping hot cha-loc-a-lat, some Buble's Christmas songs playing in the background and I'd have to say....it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!



And this..... is Alf.......


He's visiting from the North Pole for a few weeks on a special mission from Mr Claus himself. He keeps his beady eyes on my kids and then every night fly's back to the North Pole to give a behaviour  update directly to Santa. Each morning he returns to a different spot in the house and the kids run about like mad things looking for him.

So far we've found him snacking on some cheerios.....


And facebook chatting.....


The cheeky chappy was on Neil's account so apologies for any elf-like comments left on his behalf. I'll be keeping you updated on Alf's activities until he leaves us on Christmas Eve. In the mean time I'm off to sing some carols....Happy December everyone!

No comments:

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com