Monday, September 25, 2006

Canada...the final frontier: Season 2

Things change suddenly around here. One minute we're sipping on cold beer out in the sun.....the next minute I'm not leaving the house without my coat! Everything has changed! The leaves have all changed colour, its a wee bit chilly in the mornings, I've got a job, the neighbours have had a baby....and I think its only just beginning to set in that we live in a different country. Hmmmm. Also, a bit of a weird thing happened to me today which I found quite unsettling, I went to "Extreme Pita" for lunch and the lady that served me was English. She sounded funny and we both commented on how it felt a bit odd to suddenly and unexpectedly be speaking to someone with the same accent. I can't explain why it was weird, you'd think it might be quite comforting. I think in a way it's easier not to be reminded of home and when you are it suddenly hits you hard. Maybe I'm just feeling odd because this past week I've started work in a new environment with loads of people I don't know and I'm thinking how nice it would feel to be back in the safe and familiar environment of home, or.....maybe I'm just missing everyone. Sheesh I don't know! Anyway, enough of this babble! Here are some snaps from todays Doog walk.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have to call it Fall instead of Autumn? or is that just an American thing?

Neil and Sophie said...

Haha, yes shar you are correct!They call it fall here too, although I haven't quite got used to using all those canadian words.

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com