Friday, January 04, 2013

I knit a lot of hats....

As predicted I knitted a lot of pom pom hats this Christmas. (If you are a really good knitter please look away, I'm know my knitting isn't exactly amazeballs yet but I'm really enjoying it regardless).  First I did one each for Seb and Bel, then my brother-in-law Paul, nieces Molly and Violet, one for Seb's teacher and then my brother-in-law Philip (who actually requested his, yippee!). As is the way with these things they definitely improved with each new version (Sorry Seb, oh and Philip, yours (modelled by Neil below) is on it's way to you and it's my favourite so far! I LOVED knitting them! It's so cool to create something that is actually functional for someone else. I'm keeping their heads warm and that's a very important job! I'm also pretty sure it's nice to receive a gift that is hand made with a lot of love.  I really like this particular style of hat (hence I knitted it for everyone!) I think it suits everyone and it totally takes on the personality of the wearer so it looks cute on kids and fun and stylish on adults. I also realized that I have a bit of a problem. I've become a yarn addict. And unfortunately for me I seem to have expensive taste in yarn. Theres something about a lovely hand dyed hank of merino that just gets me and I spend way too much time yarn gazing on etsy or on fancy fibre websites lately. I'm also having dreams of one day owning my own flock of Alpacas! Wouldn't that be something :)
Oh well at least for now it's a productive addiction! 

1 comment:

J. Joyce, ( a Dubliner ) said...

Bejabbers, Begorrah, Its Neil O'Neil HIMSELF!!!! Bejasus and it is, he must have shares in the old O'Neil empire,

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com