Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Snow is my favourite and my best....

That was the title of the book Seb chose in the library today,  (Charlie and Lola....one of my favourites) and quite apt considering it DUMPED here last night! Canmore was buried under 25cm of fresh, fluffy white stuff! It was a lot of snow believe me. I woke up this morning and could hardly find my truck!  I got in a good work out shoveling, then the drive to school was good fun, I had trouble just getting off the driveway even in 4 wheel drive but WOW! Everything looked so beautiful! I couldn't stop smiling, always a good thing :) The best thing of all was the temperature.... 0 degrees C and the sun was shining. What a perfect winter day! I'm amazed at how much different the winter temperatures are here than Edmonton, these mountains sure do keep you a bit warmer! When Neil drove down last week it was -20 in Edmonton and +2 here, a 22 degree difference is crazy! It still gets cold don't get me wrong but the average temperatures are higher and for the majority of time, as long as you've got a good pair of mitts and a jacket, it's warm enough to be outside and enjoy winter rather than be stuck inside wishing it would be over!  Here's a few snaps of us enjoying a little toboggan fun the other night.....(before the mega-dump).

On a side note I love that my whole family are now wearing hats I've knitted. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy :)









After the 2nd or third run Bel wasn't really feeling the tobogganing.....I think she'd rather have been napping.


One last thing.....did you know that as the crow flies, Canmore is only 25km from the provincial border to BC? I'm practically there aren't I!

1 comment:

The Maltese Falcon said...

Nope Sophie you are WRONG I dont have one of your KNITTED HATS! One of your specials! Dark Blue please to match my GREEN SHIRTS short sleeved with TWO pockets ! WELL, there sure is a LOT of that WHITE STUFF around and it seems that the DUO LOVE IT!!!! and Daddy too!! Takes me back Sophie when SLEDGING was GREAT FUN! but that was a few years ago hehe!!! Terrific PICS as always Sophie SPECTACULAR, I bet u could make more money with your PICS. than Knitting HATS? OR a thousand BUCKS for the PICS and a FREE HAT!!!Mulled WINE made yet?

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com