Sunday, March 06, 2011

The hood......


So, I thought I'd add to my little tour of our new home by exploring the outside of the house and up and down the street for you. Unfortunatly I'm having a very annoying technical difficulty right now...my mouse batteries have died and I'm having to switch them to and fro from the mouse and the keyboard in order to work each bit. hmmm it's getting on my nerves but because I love you and want to show you every teeny detail about our new life I'm not giving up until this post is written!! Although there is some angel delight in the fridge requiring my attention so let's make this quick!
Today was a stunningly, amazingly beautiful day in Tofino. Seriously, when the sun shines here, it's paradise! It was warm enough for me to sit out on my back patio and enjoy the warm sunshine (without a coat I might add, much less a hat and gloves and face warmer!) Both kids had a little sleep and I sat sipping my cup of tea smelling my house. Haha! I know you didn't think I was going to say that but oh my goodness it smells lovely! The whole thing's covered in cedar and it's all fresh and new and delicious smelling, mmm I love this stupid house even more every day! When the kids woke up we took a stroll up the hill and chucked some sticks around for Sully. The road slopes up from the house and if you walk just a little up there and look back towards the house you see the mountain tops rising up above the trees. There aren't many houses built in the street yet but the few that are here are all gorgeous. I got to meet some more of the neighbors and like us the were new to Tofino. They'd come from cold, flat and snowy Regina just a few weeks ago so we had a good chat about how nice it was to be able to be outside without freezing to death. They had a really cute little girl and so it seems do all the other family's in the street, looks like Seb's going to be the only boy around here for a while. They all seem lovely and it makes me wish even more that we were staying in this house. I checked out some of the lots for sale and now I'm on a mission to figure out how we can build our own house here.
These are the trees right behind our house, I alway's wanted trees :)

This is the street looking down towards Campbell street, the main road into the town. We're about 1.5km walk to town or the same distance the other direction to the beach.
This is the back of our house, you can see my little wooden chair where I sat and enjoyed the smell of the house.
See...Mountains!!!
This is the side of the house and the front door is just there where the concrete curves out.
The front door. Nice eh?
This is the back of the house, there's my little sunny chair spot again.
mmmmmm....cedar! Snifff sniff!
There goes Sully off in the distance. He loves it here!! I guess he likes the new smells too.
Seb has to climb on every rock and hillock he can find. Not ideal when you have the coordination of a three year old in wellies.

Getting a little stick for Sully.
Up yet another hillock, he fell off this one moments later.

There's that big stick again. He took me out with one swift blow to the back of the legs.
Pretty mountains. Beyond these ones you can see some snow capped peaks but they seem to have disappeared in my pics.

the stick shennanigans continue...

"this rock smell's sooo gooood!"

Miss Belly, didn't much enjoy the walk being strapped into her chair while the rest of us had fun throwing sticks and stuff, she showed the level of her annoyance when we got back inside......

Hahaha! That pretty little face just looks wrong like this!
Lucky her big bro was on hand for a cuddle (Mummy just kept taking pictures!)
Cutie pie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It all looks sooooooooooooo beautiful! Oh my gosh I'm dying with jealousy. Whenever we used to go to places like this on holiday I used to wonder what it felt like to live in such a gorgeous place with such amazing scenery around you every day and now you live there and you know, I find that so weird. What's it like to wake up every day and realise that you live in your favourite place in the world? x

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com