Monday, March 07, 2011

The Beach.....


This was the moment that Seb and Bel both saw the beach for the first time since we moved to Tofino. I'm so happy I had my camera ready to go because I love this picture! They both stood there for quite a few seconds in total silence just staring out into the ocean. Well, it is pretty darned breathtaking! We had to vacate the house for a couple of hours this morning while a house inspector checked it our on behalf of the buyers ( and yes, I racked my brain thinking of ways to try to sabotage the inspection, sigh.) Anyway, the sun was shining gloriously again so...to the beach we went! All the way there I had a stupid smile on my face thinking "could this seriously be where I live??!" There I was strolling through tall trees, with the wafting smells of woodsmoke and evergreens. There were so many cool things to photograph I was overwhelmed but Seb was getting annoyed at my constant stopping and kneeling down to take pictures of funky looking ferns and pretty spring flowers so we pressed on. We made it to Mackenzie beach in about 20 minutes, and that was at photographer pace. Because of the dense bush you don't see the beach until you're on it which is pretty cool, it's like BAM! PARADISE!



























No comments:

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com