Monday, November 27, 2006

Cold on the outside warm on the inside....

Neil does a spot of sun-bathing.


Then poses next to his piles.



Cosy candle in a jar.


Well it's -24 degrees C. Earlier on today it was -28 and with wind chill......-35 degrees. It's quite odd really. When I left work for lunch today it had snowed quite a bit on my car so I went to get the snow brush out the boot to dust off the layers that had accumulated during the day. The trouble was I just couldn't open my car boot (canadian transaltion: trunk), it was totally frozen shut. Couldn't open it no matter what I did. Well I ended up opening one of the back doors and climbing into the boot to grab the brush. I dusted off the car and left the snow brush in the back footwell for easy access when I needed it later. Well, when I left work to go home later that day I went to open the back door and that too had totally frozen shut. It was like it was glued closed, there wasn't any way I could open it. So this time I had to climb through the front to get the brush. What's worrying me now is whether my drivers door is also going to freeze, in which case I won't be able to get home and I'll freeze to death in the office car park. Hmmm.



Other cold related phenomenons that I have recently encountered include finding ice on the inside of our windows (see photo below) and getting burnt by metal due to it being totally frozen ( it was Neil that discovered that one when trying to fill the car up without wearing gloves.) I also had an interesting experience in a hot tub on Saturday. It was absolutely boiling in the water and I actually felt a bit too hot but at the same time, my hair was frozen solid and felt like it might snap off. Weird!



Ice....on the inside!

Toasty warm feet!

Frozen eyebrows after snow-shoveling.

No comments:

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com