Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Blog-lag



A very pretty sunset as seen from our back deck two nights ago.


Apologies for not havng posted recently, the enthusiasm left me for a while. I think it's a sign of home-sickness. I think I have been feeling a little sorry for myself since my visitors left. Anyway, let's talk about the weather shall we? Well we've had snow on the ground now since the last week of October, in fact, it all started the day my mum, Winnie and Kate arrived in Beaumont. The temperature has fluctuated between +1 and -20 since then. The last few days have been sunny and warm (+3) but we're set for a drop in temperature over the next few days and by Saturday its supposed to reach -26 (brrrrrr!). Last night on the way home from work I noticed a full dog sled team being mushed along the snowy verge at the side of the road! This struck me as odd but I guess it's probably quite a normal sight in these parts. I've also seen a few herds of dear, some bison and a coyote on my daily commute to work, wonder if I'll see anything tomorrow? Anyway, as nothing particularly note-worthy has happened latetly I've had to just upload some random photos taken over the last couple of weeks......


The last supper. We ate Neil's timpana before leaving for the airport.

And this is the last starbucks. It was at the airport just before we left them there. We even bought mugs to commemerate the occasion.

Here is Doog eating snow off the deck as the sun sets behind him.

This is me sitting at my desk. I have a flat screen. ( I told you these were random photos!)

This is Neil taking Doog for a walk in the snow in about -18 degrees......in his pyjammas!!!

Doog, running down the snowy street. I think his feet get cold.

Doog checking out the pretty sunset out the back of the house, from the upstairs windows the other night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i swear im gonna make some time & finnish my long email & get it off this week.
I got Aquamatics flying in from oz on monday for a week of "sightseeing" & meetings.
Then i am FREEEEEEEEEEEE i was thinking 18th JAN ( ish) if its not to cold - but hey ho well see.
But hope you are all well
( is that a trailer from the window)
Not your neighbours i hope !
Hope neils settling in ok & i like your posh screen - Flat eh.
You should send that to Martin.

ATB

JB

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com