Monday, January 13, 2014

A spot for baby boy...


I haven't really mentioned baby boy Ralston very much lately, you know,  the one currently making himself extra comfy in my tummy? Well all seems to be going great for the wee lad, he is growing at a rate of knots and spends a lot of time making sure he is not forgotten by kicking and punching and generally being a big fidget! I have about 13 weeks to go and have suddenly been overcome by the urge to nest! Seriously, I've been nesting like crazy! Cleaning, scrubbing, organizing, re-organizing and buying every single type and size of storage container sold at Ikea in order to squeeze an extra being and all the inevitable stuff into our already over-stuffed house. Yesterday, after huffing and puffing and doing far too much lifting for a lady of nearly 7 months pregnant, I somehow managed to turn our always chaotic playroom into a calm and serene little nursery for our baby boy and finally my nesting urge was satisfied. (For now).


It still needs a little something, maybe a couple of shelves and some curtains but I'm loving the calm natural feel in this room, it's exactly what I was aiming for. I've ordered some fabric that I plan on either using to make crib sheets or a quilt and if that goes well I might make my own curtains too.  The crib and change table were both bargain purchases from Ikea and the little antique stripped wooden drawer chest was a Kijiji purchase that I managed to barter down to $175. I was thinking of painting it but for now I think I'll leave it natural. Everything else we already had around the house, oh and the wooden stump is one of the ones that used to reside in Breakers. Neil cut it from discarded logging wood himself out in the deep woods of Vancouver Island so it is very special to me. 









 The drawers and closet are all full already. Thanks so much to my sister who gave me tons of beautiful baby clothes and to my friend Sarah who gave me lots of bits including things that Seb used to wear as a baby that I had previously donated to her. It's lovely to have things that my kids and my little nieces used to wear! I also got quite a few sweet things for Christmas from our family back in England, Baby boy even had his own sac full of presents on Christmas morning (Thank you Kate and Mummy!)


Now I've got 13 whole weeks to wait with the odd moment or two(thousand) spent sitting in the room, hugging his toys and opening the drawers to dream and admire his outfits :)  

3 comments:

Gig Robot + said...

PERFIC' Sophie, a SUPER room and you have really done it well BUMP3 will be happy as a little sandboy!!! for sure! So 13 weeks left!!! not long as the crow flies haha!!! The rest of your BLOG Sophie is, as usual, 'traffic, all the way down to TOFINO!!! The UK pics are great it seems that Seb is getting really tall, super pics of ALL the kiddies with your Mum, who seemed to be enjoying herself!Just a pity you had all the INITIL hassle and that Tony died however you made the best of it and ALL looked great! very Christmassy! canmore looked good too!!! nice to come back to. Well Neil said he YOU + would be around at THIS time 0845 YOUR time BUT so far NO having a lie in maybe and quite right to! great BLOG Sophie wish dale did the same!!!

casacaudill said...

When we went in to Rhino over the new year, I found myself feeling all proprietary about the work that you and Neil did. I told Alan, "my friend's husband did that wall himself. I'm so glad they kept it up. They would have ruined this place to take it down." :-)

Neil and Sophie said...

Oh I'm really glad they have kept our wall! And that you thought of us when you saw it :)

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com