Sunday, January 19, 2014

Seb goes pond skating.....


 Yesterday we went skating on the pond in town. I say we but I really mean Neil and Seb. I didn't think skating was such a good idea in my current stage of baby-growing and decided that sitting pond side with a thermos full of hot chai would be much better. Bel was in agreement so we watched the boys lace up and get on with it. 



Seb is about to embark on skating sessions with his class at school so we figured it would be good to have at least a bit of practise before he starts. I'm sure many of his classmates have been on the ice since before they could walk but better late than never! At first he was a bit unstable but within two minutes he'd abandoned the Zimmer frame thingy and was skidding about unaided.


Once Seb got going, Bel's enthusiasm for the whole idea suddenly increased and I think she wished she was skating too. Instead she slid around the ice in her boots doing a few spins and twirls with her tiara glittering in the sunshine :) I should mention that the weather was perfect! It was just above zero with lots of warming sunshine and barely a hint of wind. Absolutely one of those perfect winter days! 



I found a nice comfy bench spot in the sun, sipped on my Chai and watched all the happy skaters with a smile on my face. 







 I was surprised at just how much Seb enjoyed himself, even laughing and smiling (almost) every time he fell!





Seb tends to get frustrated easily if he can't do something right away and seems prone to giving up and getting upset so I was so happy to see his perseverance and enthusiasm despite quite a few tumbles. His skating improved really quickly, his stamina outlasted Neil and by the time we started to think about packing up he was looking nice and stable and had the confidence to go scarily fast! 



When he finally sat down and unlaced he was pooped but happy and he asked straight away if we could come back tomorrow :)

1 comment:

GR aka OT & MZ said...

thatsMa BOy!!!! of course Seb took NO TIME to get skating!!! He's a NATURAL, a chip off the old block! Bel will be good too no doubt at all! The POND looked fantastic weather super too. NOW, all that remains is for Seb to PEDAL when the weather is suitable!!! Has he forgotten? Tell him that I expect him to an expert PEDALER when I come over, haha!
I laughed at Bel OOMING!!! good idea and I'm sure BUMP3 will appreciate it! Not too long now Sophie, and naturally you'll be relieved !!! not too sure about BUMP3 tho he is just FINE and cozy where he is haha! Unaware of the SHOCK to come !!!1 Great BLOG as usual Sophie cant wait for the next INSTALMENT haha.foutedca

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com