Monday, October 21, 2013

Raw Plum Yum Jam


I know I already instagrammed this but I had to write this easy and super healthy recipe on the blog because it was really so yummy! To make this raw jam you'll need some always magical chia seeds which use their superfood super powers to turn things into thick and goopy jelly-goodness! For the fruity bit you could use strawberries, blueberries, peaches or any fruity thing you like I suppose. I used plums because I had so many left over from my last couple of farm boxes. I used about 6 or 7 good sized chopped raw plums and about 3 tablespoons of chia seeds, this made me enough jam to fill a small jar. Stick this into your blender with a nice dollop of honey. I used a heaped tablespoon of my favourite raw local honey but you can make it as sweet as you like! If the fruit you are using isn't as juicy as plums you could add a tablespoon or so of water to the mix just to help the chia seeds gelatify (that's probably not a word but you know what I mean). Blend until you get the consistency you like, pour into a lidded jar and chill before serving. You should end up with a delicious jam with a nice, gooey, jammy consistency full of raw fruit and chia goodness. It'll be full of fibre and omega 3 fatty acids, it'll will boost your energy, aid digestion, give you lovely glowing skin and just taste yummy. 
 Your jar of goodness should keep in the fridge for about 5 days. 

No comments:

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com