Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Bug-catching at Policemans Creek....


Back before the terrible flooding last week we spent an afternoon with our nets and bug tanks down at Policeman's Creek. This is the same place that we visited to feed the ducks on Bel's birthday back in February. It's an adorable little creek with a wooded trail that zigzags along crisscrossing several little bridges, winding right through downtown Canmore. It's a perfect spot to take little kids and let them explore and search for fishes and bugs. Seb and Bel could have stayed there all day just mucking about at the creek edge. Maybe if we hadn't taken our crazy-lunatic-swimming-dog along with us I think we might have liked to stay too. 
The creek is crystal clear and nice and shallow and even though you're so close to the centre of town you feel as though you're off in the woods. We even came across an Elk on the trail!




Just after this photo was taken Seb accidentally dropped his net into the creek and it started to float down stream. I happend to be wearing waterproof shoes and being the great and brave mother that I am I decided to go in and get it. Those grassy bits you see in the picture above....that's not grass. It's knee-deep bog. Oh and that water is COLD! COLD I tell you! It came up to my knees and I swear I nearly died of hypothermia afterward! Seb was happy though to be reunited with his $2 net. 




See my wet legs and that frozen looking smile!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So THAT'S where Peppa Pig toys come from! x

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com