Thursday, July 26, 2012

A little loveliness.....



I'm sorry. I'm at it again. This sewing malarky has got me hooked. I have officially completed the sewing trifecta.....homeware, accesories and now clothing!! I made a skirt for Miss Bel and it's the cutest thing  I've ever seen her wear (except maybe those adorable Huckleberry Fin-esque dungarees of hers!)  I used a free pattern from Oliver and S and whipped it up one evening when Neil was on nights and the kiddies were tucked up in bed. I used some fabric from ikea (notice any repetitiveness about my fabric choices) and a bit of ribbon I found in my cupboard for the trim. Belly loves it! And I love that she loves it! Her favorite thing about this skirt is that it's perfect for a bit of this....



Hehe! Nothing like a good skirt for twirling is there!
Here's a closer look, cause I just know you are dying to hear more and more about my sewing!! If you look closely you'll see my trademark wonky stitching.


And here's the view from the back. Much like the front really :)



I've already ordered some cuter fabric with her next skirt in mind! Oh and Miss Molly, there's one on it's way to you as we speak! It even has less of the wonky stitching :)

I'm not really sure how I'll be able to start making clothes for Seb. His preference for clothing usually resembles outfits such as this one.......



And I think this might be a bit beyond my skill level right now.


(Yes, Bel is the dog and Seb is the dog walker in this pic.)


Things have been a little stressful in our household this week for reasons that I don't even want to think about let alone discuss. I just wanted to add that my new found distraction of sewing and the happiness and smiles that my lovelies bring to me every day make it all seem so insignificant. I'm so lucky to have such an amazing family.
 :)

I love you monkeys and sometimes even you too monster....

5 comments:

casacaudill said...

What a great set of photos! The Monster looks tuckered out.

dear dear dear, what WAS my name Mmmmmmmmmmm said...

A mystery Sophie! My COMMENT of y/day has VANISHED!!! and I cant remember what i said! NO, not SD haha. Super dresses Sophie and Bel looks so nice in them AND seems to like them too!!! I wil send this NOW just to see if u get it Sophie? Tell me by bush telegraph if u do will you? Ta. No Pavlovian responses this time!!!!!estandya

IMPOVERISHED, Rtd. said...

Luvly jubly Sophie BUT where are me shirts then PLAIN colours please and short sleeves haha!!! Hav'nt got to the PLANTS yet but after this WHICH i hope u get as I really need the shirts haha!!!

Breakers Fresh Food Deli said...

One shirt on order! Green I assume?


(please note that at this time there is a slight delay on manufacturing of green mens shirts. We are making every effort to rectify the problem and hope to ship all orders in late 2015 at the latest. )

S. Pavlov, ( no dogs ) but still have the bell!!!! said...

Your swift response to my query is much appreciated and I'm delighted by the time = scale and look forward to 2015 and receipt of my aforementioned shirts with the greatest of pleasure and have, for your information, cancessed my long association with Turnbull and Assar of Jermyn Street London. I might also add that I cah hardly wait!

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com