Monday, January 31, 2011

Dinner....


I'm not usually a soupy kinda girl, it's just not something I ever really get an urge for, but recently we've been making and eating all kinds of yummy soups. I LOVED our pumpkin soup on Christmas day but this one is even better! It's roasted tomato, onion and chili and it's just soooooo good! The perfect mix of freshness and warmth, with a delicious sweetness from the onions, mmmmmm!

For dessert as a team effort Neil and I made panacotta. I had no idea it was so easy to make! Bit of cream and sugar, some gelatine and a few hours in the fridge and you end up with one of my favourite pud's ever! We served ours with a rhubarb and strawberry coulis and a very fancy looking sugar garnish made by moi! (it tasted a little burnt but it looked pretty spectacular!)





a little something extra.......

We're so addicted to coffee we're eating the beans whole now and like pretty much anyting they're all the better dipped in chocolate! (Warning- don't eat these too late in the day if you feel like getting any sleep that night :)

1 comment:

Dale ( the sane one) said...

You made me drool!!

Good looking nosh!!

Garlic free soup - thats the way!

Your dog looks weird now - that shirt doesnt go with those shoes! Come on!!

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com