Friday, January 28, 2011

This morning....

This morning I came downstairs ready to enjoy a yummy breakfast and realized that we had nothing....NOTHING I TELL YOU! So, with Neil still sleeping, I packed up the kids and headed straight to No Frills, our crappy local supermarket, to grab something with which to feed my children. I'm not sure what came over me but when I got home I was suddenly overcome by an urge to make pancakes (this almost never happens), I was just feeling all pleased with my self at how impressed Neil would be when he awoke to the wafting smell of deliciousness when I realized we only had wholewheat flour. Hmmm. After 2 minutes on google, problem solved, I would use it! The resulting wholewheat buttermilk pancakes (yes we did have buttermilk ??) were a hit with me and the kids. I topped them with my homemade creme fraiche and berries. I carried Neil's pancake along with his freshly brewed capucino up on a tray and served it to him in bed (extra wife points for sure!) but he wasn't so impressed, apparently he doesn't like the taste of wholewheat. Oh well, it's the thought that counts!



No comments:

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com