Monday, August 28, 2006

Not a good day.


Today was not a good day. Neil took the car today so that he didn't have to sit around for ages after he finished work waiting for me to get up to Edmonton to pick him up, so..... I was house bound all day. Katarina was nowhere to be seen online so I couldn't talk to her with her new spangly webcam. Neil didn't enjoy bootcamp, they are trying to make him crack by being mean and I think it might have worked a bit today. And just to polish the day off nicely I went out into the garden to turn on the sprinkler and I trod on a bee. It stayed in my foot for quite some time while I frantically shook it about and screamed like a baby. For some reason I couldn't face pulling it out with my fingers and after I'd given the foot a good shake I kind of expected it to be gone, it made me feel a bit queesy when it was still there so I shook it some more but couldn't bare to look again and just collapsed down on the steps of the deck screaming for Neil. When he finally came out to see what the hell was going on I showed him my foot but the bee was gone. I went inside and put my stingy foot in a sink full of hot water (who knows if this was a good thing or not?) while Neil looked up home bee sting remedies on the internet. We didn't have any plantaines or any apple cider vinegar so I ended up watching TV for the next hour with a slice of onion pressed against my foot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know when you look at this you'd be more likely to expect a message from shar. But I'll have to do for now. I know everyone here, apart from missing you loads, have so much admiration for what you 2 are doing. I know how hard it was for us when we went to Guernsey. Don't let the bad days get you down. i'm sure you had bad days at home. Keep smiling. You'll have many more good days than bad. Keep Safe.

Anonymous said...

Hi Soph & Neil.
Wow that is a bad day. Not much else could possibly go wrong in the garden. ( other than a bear or racoon). But keep smiling. Just to let you know you both are missed, but what a fantastic effort by you and neil.Boot camp sounds hard, but if anyone has the strength of character to beat them, it will be neil. Nothing much going on here really, nothing out of the ordinary. Are you looking forward to neils birthday next week. Got anything planned.I will email over some pics later. Chin up ( ive never heard of the onion remedy but wee is a good thing) ( not sure if its suppose to be yours - or someone elses ?) JB

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com