Saturday, August 26, 2006

Lethal Weapon...

Meet Scary Frank.......he's bald....big..... and scary.........

He drives one of these big scary trucks.......


he works here at the weekends...........its full of more big, bald, scary men who also drive big scary trucks......

and today he taught me how to shoot a gloch 9mm pistol........



Sheesh! I bet you're thinking this can't be true! But I promise you that it is me, Miss Sophie Jane, shooting a big scary gun (a real one! a really real, noisy, scary gun!) in a shooting range full of scary people! AAaaaahhhhhh!!! You think I was scared? Too right i was scared! I do however think this experience was good for me, it has made me realise a couple of things about guns that perhaps I had not considered enough before...........Firstly, guns are loud! Even with those massive earmuffs on I jumped out of my skin every time another person fired. Secondly, guns are powerful and frickin scary! The movies make us think it's easy to pick up a gun and start shooting stuff willy nilly, well I tell you it isn't! Scary Frank was a very good teacher, he was cautious and precise and encouraging and despite my jelly like arms (brought on by the scarryness of the whole experience) he told me I was "doing awesome!". End result for me......cool but I never want to carry a gun!

Now Neil on the other hand.........took to the whole gun thing like the "Die Hard" fan that he is. I'm surprised that by the end of his session he wasn't rolling around on the floor wearing only a bloodstained white vest shouting "YipeeKayAye Mother F#cker!"


Neil bonds with scary Frank the gun man.


Neil lets off a few rounds from his gloch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god a gun, talking of die hard i was watching die hard 2 last night and just love it when he say's that!!!! i'm a true die hard fan too. The gun looks scary i don't think i could do it. hope your both well. love shar and steve

Neil and Sophie said...

Sharleeeeeene! Did you get my emails? I sent you one with the party photos and then I sent you one to see if you received the first one and I haven't had a reply to either. I'm thinking something is amiss? (Is that how you spell amiss?)

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com