Monday, September 08, 2014

First Day of School...


Last week Seb and Bel both started school. They're both at a new school together which is great! Seb started grade 2 and Bel started kindergarten. I cannot get over how grown up Seb looks in these photos! What the heck! Where's my wee little boy gone! 
I am beyond happy that so far they both seem to love their new school. I've been working myself into quite a state about whether or not we are making the right choice in moving Seb from the school he's been at for the past two years. In my heart I feel that the new school will fit him better and hopefully  encourage him to enjoy the experience of learning rather than being stressed and worried as he so often seemed to be before. On his first day I asked him what his favourite part of his day had been and he answered "everything!" You can't get much better than that can you! 
His first day also meant his first proper trip on the school bus, Neil rode with him on the way there and he made the trip home all by himself. Since then he's been riding the bus everyday and has been happy as a sand boy :) ( Getting to the bus on time in the morning is proving to be quite the challenge for me though!)


Miss Bel's first day at Kindergarten couldn't have gone any smoother. She's with many friends from her Shooting Stars Pre-school group and the rhythm of their days are very similar too so she felt at home right away. So much so that she barely looked back at me when I dropped her off! She will be riding the bus with Seb every morning starting later this week and I'll be collecting her from the school as she finishes a little earlier than he does. 
I was so nervous about everything changing and how they'd both react, I can't tell you how much of a relief it is for things to have started off so well for both of them! 


2 comments:

Spring said...

Love having them there! So nice for bro and sis to be in the same school. K&C are thrilled to be together and to be on the bus with your kiddos.

Neil and Sophie said...

Thanks Spring! I love the school and I'm so grateful to you and all the others that have put so much of your hearts into making it happen! Also I know that on Seb's first day he was pretty nervous and seeing Kai's familiar face really helped put him at ease :)

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com