Sunday, March 30, 2014

If there was a competition for eating the most snow, I know who would win......

Despite a few warm and melty tease days, spring is refusing to stick around here in the Bow Valley. I'm finding this more frustrating that usual this year mostly because I'm running critically low on clothes that fit around my ever-expanding baby belly and each cold day that I find myself venturing out becomes more of an ordeal in the wardrobe/comfort department. I'm also a little too heavy, waddlesome  (if that is a word) and generally off balance which doesn't work well with slippery snow and ice. Yesterday I walked the dog with the kids without having to wear a coat, hat or mitts, across snow-free wet, brown grass and thought that maybe, just maybe we were done with the snow. Alas, we woke up this morning to a big dump of the white stuff. Instead of feeling sorry for ourselves we ventured up a mountain to a place where the snow was even thicker and fluffier and tried our best to embrace the never-ending winter. 






The boys excitedly went tubing at Mount Norquay while I drank hot chocolate and Bel ate a heck of a lot of snow. 








Although I was a bit sad that I couldn't join in with the fun, it was quite invigorating just to be out in the fresh air and to watch these two squeal and laugh their way down the slopes a few times. 






Fresh snow. Yum. 



 She did squeeze a hot dog in along with all the snow. At least the sausage part anyway. 





As nice as it was.....I still want it to be spring now please.

No comments:

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com