Friday, February 21, 2014

Bel turns 5!


My teeny tiny baby girl is 5! Can you believe it? I can't.  
I have loved her being 4, I really have. Sure, there have been moments when her rigid stubbornness has driven me crazy and her non-stop talking has pushed me to the edge of my patience but her sweetness and sense of magical wonder at even the simplest of things is utterly contagious and because of her I have seen so much with new eyes. Her excitement is so pure and literally beams from her face! The beauty of a snowflake caught on a mitten or the joy of finding just the right shaped pinecone for her collection. The overflowing excitement as we watch a squirrel scamper across the roof and the gleam in her eye when I spend even a few minutes with her immersed in her imaginary world. I really hope that this sweetness and innocence, her view of everything just being really good can stick around for a while longer. She seems to be an optimist with a happy-go-lucky-energy. Quite different to Seb with his serious side and frequent worries. Our happy girl, we always knew she had a special heart :)

We celebrated her birthday quietly at home with a pavlova made by Mummy, a birthday crown made by Seb and a beautiful new dollhouse that Daddy put together. He even had to get creative and fashion replacement parts with his wood saw at midnight the night before when our last minute building went badly wrong and essential bits were broken. I was an overly emotional wreck crying because I thought she wouldn't have a present to open and Daddy really did save the day!





 Thank you to everyone that contributed furniture and people to fill her house! As predicted she absolutely loves it and I kind of do too :)











Happy Birthday Bels!! We love you!!!

No comments:

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com