Sunday, May 27, 2012

Fear not...we are alive!

Hello oh faithful readers (yes that's you my dear sister and Becky if you're still checking!) We are alive and I do still have fingers that allow me to take photos and to type blog posts I just haven't had a mindset that allows me to do so. I've been feeling glum. Here's the short version of events that has led me to where I am now........We had to leave Tofino and our lovely island *sniffle* sniffle* sob* sob* we are back in the flatlands of Canada hopefully just for a little while. We have a house to sell and loose ends to tie up and we couldn't avoid it all any longer. I won't even go into the details of the move, lets just say I blubbered and cried like a baby for quite a few days mostly just because everything is uncertain and I really don't know quite how it will all work out at this point. If I could have my way we would still be living our happily ever after in Tofino but you can't always have things your own way now can you. I'm trying to shrug off my glumness and look on the brightside...we have a backyard that I can let my kids play out in without ANY danger of cougars (unless of course you count that lady in the house behind us). The house is already listed for sale and we had an open house yesterday so hopefully we won't be here long. In the meantime Tracy and Cindy and all the new crew are doing a super duper job with Breakers and we even get to have skype meetings now, how very businesslike eh!
In other news, I have just discovered Instagram. I know I'm about two years behind the rest of the world but remember I haven't even had a cell phone let alone an iphone and apps and all that stuff for the last year. I just inherited Neil's iphone and OHMYGOSH it's clever! I joined Instagram today and just installed a gadget on the blog (see it up the top there?) so that you can all see my instagram photos. I promise it won't stop me taking real photos but how cool is it that now you can see EVEN MORE random photos of our lives. I know you love it! ;)

7 comments:

casacaudill said...

Still here and reading. That's the great thing about Google Reader ... I just sit back and let the posts come to me when they will.

So sorry you guys had to leave Tofino for awhile, but it's great to hear that Breakers is in good hands while you're away.

Anonymous said...

I don't like you being glum and on the other side of the world. It makes me sad. I miss you all so much.

You won't be in Edmonton forever. \you'll be back on the island before you know it. Just think of this as the time you can take to say goodbye to Edmonton for good.

Oh, and be careful of cougar neighbours! They sound like they could be even more deadly than the real thing!

x

Anonymous said...

Hope the house sells very soon. If it makes you feel any better our other house went on the market Wednesday night and we've had three offers by this morning Monday). Therefore houses are shifting here so hopefully Canada won't be any different.
Haven't a clue what an instagram is as I still don't own a mobile phone !!!!
Good luck
GG xx

Breakers Fresh Food Deli said...

Thank you all for your comments ladies and for reading this! It's so lovely to know you're all there! Geri, thanks for the dose of positivity good to know things are finally picking up over there.....my fingers are crossed! xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hey Sophie,

Keep your Chin up, your super strong and everything always works out in the end even if it needs a few tweeks along the way! Alawys checking your blog loving Bel's artistic side.

Miss you loads

Shar and co

xxx

Anonymous said...

Just realised always is spelt wrong oooopppss!

Shar xx

Neil and Sophie said...

Aww, thanks Shar! I'm getting pretty good at tweaking these days :) Miss you too. xxxxx

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com