Monday, May 02, 2011

Sometimes I really surprise myself!

I'm not known for my cooking skills, granted, I have been working on it but really my new found cooking ability is all about the ability to follow a recipe and have it not turn out a complete disaster. The art of coming up with my own idea and actually having it taste nice is still beyond me....except for the odd fluke such as this. I call it "Sophie's squash and sausage surprise with sprouty salad" The surprise is that I made it from my own brain and it tasted REALLY good!!

For anyone brave enough to try it out here's my recipe (I actually scoffed out loud writing those words 'my recipe"!)

- Chop up some butternut squash and some potatoes into smallish cubes and plop them into a pot of boiling water to par boil (I think that's the term for not quite boiling until cooked ?)
- Cook some sausages ( if you don't now how don't worry you're not far behind me on the cooking ability scale, do your best.)
- take the "par boiled" potatoes and squash out of the water and sautee them in a large pan with a good splosh of olive oil. Season with a dash of salt and pepper. Add finely chopped onions and tomatoes and sautee some more. Chop up your sausages and add them to the pan to crisp up their edges a bit. Finally add some chopped fresh rosemary a couple of minutes or so before serving and da-dah!! You've cooked a very simple but none-the-less original Sophie recipe! Serve with some kind of tasty salad and enjoy!

No comments:

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com