Sunday, January 22, 2006

Late night writing

7th January 2006
Sophie wote this late at night.

Before I continue, this post was carried accross from our other website www.neilandsophie.piczo.com

I've been meaning to say hello to the mystery guestbook signer who left our "first proper guestbook signing", hello! Lovely that you found us and good luck with your Canadian adventure. I know what it's like to sit for hours scouring the internet for any scrap of information from someone else who's going through the move to Canada. Well, firstly let me apologise for the this site being so basic, I honestly didn't expect anyone I didn't know to be interested. Secondly I thought you might be interested in some of the sites that have now become part of my daily routine (I have become obsessed, sorry). By far the best site I can recommend is www.britishexpats.com. There you will find a couple of really good discussion forums about Canada. One is for Immigration issues and the other is about Canadian culture and lifestyle and both are updated regularly by people in the process of immigrating and by those whove already made the move. I've found that the forums can give you a real insight into the process of immigrating and how people actually ajust to their new lives in Canada (good points and bad). www.MLS.ca is another site that will have you gluded to your computer for hours. It lists every house for sale pretty much everywhere in Canada and is a great way of seeing exactly what you can get for your money (lots of photos, just what I like to see). Another useful site is www.escapemate.co.uk on this site you'll find a downloadable magazine called MUCHMOR which is aimed at brits moving to Canada. You can subscribe online and it seems to be monthly although there have only been two issues so far. Both have been full of useful info and ads. Anyway to you my mystery guestbook signer friend and anyone else who has visited I hope this proves to be useful, let us know how you get on. Happy browsing!

No comments:

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com