Monday, March 23, 2015

A grey and drizzly winter day......



This winter has been incredibly  mild here in the Rocky Mountains. So many warm and damp days and even a bit of drizzle. I've heard lots of Canmore folk bemoaning the lack of snow and crisp, cold clear days but I have to admit I've been loving it!

It's been reminiscent of a West Coast winter or English winter days. I love seeing the mist drifting across the mountains,  feeling the moisture against my skin as I step out the door and all the rainy scents as I walk through the forest. 
We've had some cold days and there has of course been some snow but snowfalls have been few and far between and we've had enough warm days to melt it all away over and over again. 

The kids and I have made the most of being able to play outside without our mittens and layers and they have even been able to ride their bikes and scooters around the neighbourhood. 

Now that it is officially Spring, I'm holding my breath and hoping that April and May don't deliver all  of King Winters wrath! 








No comments:

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com