Friday, August 09, 2013

An evening of ice cream and music.....


All weekend the Canmore Folk Festival was on in Centennial park, we didn't make it to the main events but we did head into town for Friday's free street party outside the civic centre. This band was from Holland and had a name that I couldn't pronounce let alone remember but their music was excellent! Lively, fun and folksy in the best possible way it was the perfect music for kids. 


Seb and Bel took front row seats but as the music went on they edged their way closer and closer to the band until they were practically on the stage!


After the performances we wandered around town a bit and decided to check out the new ice cream shop. "The Scoopin' Moose" had literally just opened it's doors for the first time that day. They had a nice selection of flavours including the interesting looking jet black "Canmore Coal" which I think was a liquoricey flavour. The chocolate ice cream was yummy and they made their own waffle cones so I would consider myself a happy customer. 



We snaffled our ice cream's in Friendship park and I took a few photos as we wandered about town. I don't think I've posted many photos of downtown Canmore other than on instagram so I thought you might like to see a little bit of our cute town.....




















1 comment:

MM...(Marooned Mariner) said...

OOH YES I like it the ICE CREAM too!!!! I laughed at Seb and Bel ALMOST on stage and obviously enjoying it! The town is so CLEAN and Neat compared to this DUMP in ALL senses of the word! No civic pride here I can assure you, DISGUSTING, I detest the peasants who make up the largest slice of the total population and whose only interest is: MONEY, CARS, MOB Phones and EATING or should I say OVEREATING. But I digress haha!!! ALL super Sophie you all look great really great. My CONGRATS by the way on Numero Three, an April arrival Neil said!!! 3 seems a very popular number Dale 3 Safdar 3, your Mum 3 May use it in the LOTTERY haha!!! Take care, keep the PICS coming, I love 'em as I think you know!

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com