Friday, July 01, 2011

Thinking outside the box....

I've been really wanting to buy Isobel a toy kitchen for sooo long. She loves to make imaginary food and feed us all and I know she'd love her own kitchen to play in. We were going to get her one for her birthday in February but we put it off because we were moving and didn't want another huge item to lug across the country. Now we're all settled and she's got this lovely big bedroom with very little stuff in it. I've been eyeing up a few kitchen's online but really couldn't justify spending a couple of hundred dollars on one right now. So, yesterday I set about making a temporary solution. It's not spangly and expensive, it doesn't have lots of buttons and cupboards, it's two cardboard boxes a couple of old blankies but it does the trick! I think it looks pretty sweet and so does Miss Bel who couldn't be happier with her new toy :)







This is what happened when I took my eyes off the kids for two minutes to make a sign for the wall of Bel's kitchen....And it wasn't just on his face. It was on his hands and even the souls of his feet. I had to follow the little blue footprints around the house with my mop. He said he wanted to be a cat (??)


Bel got a face tatoo too. Oh and no she doesn't usually suck a soother. She found it amongst my stash of baby stuff, she seemed to like it a bit too much and so it was swiftly disposed off.


I managed to get Bel cleaned up pretty quickly, Mr Stubborn on the other hand insisted on displaying his war paint all day.



No comments:

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com