Saturday, January 31, 2009

SKI TRIP TO BANFF

SUNSHINE, BANFF,
ALBERTA
Well as you have seen from previous posts Sophie has added a few pics to the blog. I on the other hand haven’t been near it in a while, so I decided to add a few pictures.
Nigel, Sean and I decided that we would drive to Sunshine, Banff and ski.
I Packed up the passion wagon at 0330hrs left at 0430 hrs transporting Headley and Kent. HEADLEY went to sleep and Kent sang the entire journey with shorts breaks for a slurp of coffee. Arrived in Banff at about 0830 hrs which included a quick sausage and egg mcmuffin from M'Ds at the great town of Red deer...... scrambled into the lineups and eventually managed to grab our lift tickets. We again joined another lineup and made our way into a old rickety Gondola for a quick ride up the mountain. The wind was up so I think the Gondola could only go about half speed, or maybe it was reaching the weight capacity as I was crammed in with 7 other people........ The Gondola would normally seat 8 with ease apparently. As we were climbing the steep mountain my mind went on overdrive. So this is the story. I looked up and noticed a sign that says maximum weight of 1135lbs. Now I figured most people in the Gondola were hitting a safe 120-150 excluding Nigel who weighs in at a amazing 3 lbs. Anyway, With my weight combined with the weight of the other passengers I figured we would be in the chalet at the bottom of the mountain quicker than I anticipated, my palms started to sweat and I kept a brave face. The question you are all thinking is, did I mention it to anyone......answer NO, I just buckled up my helmet and braced myself.
Banff...
Nigel and Sean getting off the life, little windy....Nigel nearly blew away.
Nigel did actually fall off that lift.....I missed the photo op though.

We got some poor old guy to snap this one.....I had to catch his gloves and ski poles.



As you can see it got real windy!!!!


Amazing freash snow on the slopes.

The drive home....I upgraded Nigel to captain, sean to first mate.....and me.ZZZZZZZ ZZZZ hahaha





No comments:

EMAIL ADDRESSES


ralstne@gmail.com